Last year, the 1st “Just Shenzhen Just Young” Video Contest received widespread attention and support from all walks of life. It received nearly 150 submissions, 120+ domestic and overseas media reports, and 50 million+ domestic and overseas attention.
(Click on the image to view the article details)
As the rank first greening city in China, Shenzhen has a green coverage rate of 45.08% in built-up areas. It has been rated as a national garden city actively responds to effective ecological and environmental protection measures and the call for a green and civilized city. Recently, the world’s first International Mangrove Center officially settled in Shenzhen.
The 2nd “Just Shenzhen Just Young” Video Contest Green Up, Grow Up is Calling for Entries! New theme & rule format. New and powerful contest judges. New Annual Ceremony and Awards Ceremony. We look forward to the story between you and Shenzhen~
The 2nd “Just Shenzhen Just Young” Video Contest is hosted by Shenzhen Foundation for International Exchange and Cooperation, and is co-hosted by Peking University Shenzhen Graduate School, Harbin Institute of Technology, Shenzhen, Southern University of Science and Technology, Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School, Shenzhen MSU-BIT University, College of International Studies, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen College of International Education, Shenzhen Technology University, Vanke Meisha Academy, Shenzhen Polytechnic University, Georgia Tech Shenzhen Institute, Tianjin University, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen, The Silk Road Story of GRT Satellite Channel and Guangdong Provincial Aesthetic Education Master Studio (Shenzhen University). It is also supported by Deep Dive Co., Ltd., Biosphere3, Mangrove Conservation Foundation and Vanke Foundation.
In order to support the 2030 UN Sustainable Development Goals, the theme of contest is about ecological and environmental protection. It will have workshops and environmental experiences. Besides, it will launch an international youth green development forum and award ceremony. By gathering Chinese and foreign citizens, urban green development experts, international communication experts, it will increase the city’s external publicity capabilities and showcase Shenzhen international and green development achievements.
From September 21, 2023 to October 22, 2023
The contest is open to all short video shooting enthusiasts and young people at home and abroad
Green Up, Grow Up
It tells about the green, healthy and sustainable lifestyle of Chinese and foreign citizens in Shenzhen, embodies Shenzhen’s effective call to create a civilized city and the implementation of Shenzhen’s ecological and environmental protection, and demonstrates Shenzhen’s close integration with nature and its green and environmentally friendly living conditions.
- Nature and Us: Shenzhen has always been committed to building an eco-friendly city with harmonious coexistence between nature and us, insisting on innovative development and becoming an outstanding example of eco-friendly urban environment. Please tell the story of how nature and us, as a community with a shared future, coexist harmoniously.
- Green Power: There are always people who use environmentally friendly materials and smart technology to pay tribute to the place where we live. They use their spare time to persevere in defending green waters and green mountains, strive to be the pioneers and the most beautiful volunteers…… Please tell the story about the special contributions you or the people/things/things around you have made to the green development of Shenzhen.
- Carbon Footprint: Every act in life, from cooking and heating, household appliances, travel, and even every moment of human breathing, adds a carbon footprint to the environmental capacity. Please record your own/others’ lives, and through the data to show your carbon footprint, to help more people establish a green lifestyle and consumption outlook and a sense of environmental responsibility.
One Gold-Prize Winner
8000 CNY each & certificate
Two Silver-Prize Winners
5000 CNY each & certificate
Three Bronze-Prize Winners
3000 CNY each & certificate
One Most Sustainable Award
Honorary title and certificate of “International Communication Ambassador” & exquisite gifts
One Most Popular Award
Honorary title and certificate of “International Communication Ambassador” & exquisite gifts
certificate of honor & exquisite gifts
*Cash prizes include taxes payable, and all winning works will be used as event promotion and Shenzhen city promotion materials
*Winners of the gold/silver/bronze award, the most sustainable award, and the most popular award can be repeated.
- Shenzhen Foundation for International Exchange and Cooperation will select 20 groups of shortlisted works from the submitted works;
- The member of the 20 shortlisted works will participate in workshops and relevant experiences, and complete the second creation of the shortlisted works within the specified time;
- The contest judge will score the shortlisted works that have completed the second creation, and select gold, silver, bronze awards, the most sustainable award and finalists prize;
- Most Popular Award Selection: The 20 shortlisted works that have completed the second creation will be displayed on the official WeChat public account platform of Shenzhen Foundation for International Exchange and Cooperation and will be voted by the public.
(Note: Any opportunity to vote for any prize will be revoked if any malicious or potential activity is detected.)
- The content of the work must be in line with the green and environmental protection theme of the contest, and must contain elements that reflect Shenzhen.
- There is no limit to the form of video, including but not limited to the host variety show, flash show, short documentary, and Vlog. It can be professionally filmed or shot with a mobile phone. If the video screen is pure text and voice narration, it does not meet the contest requirements.
- The duration of the video should be controlled within 3 minutes, with complete content, clear structure, and self-consistent logic.
- The video format can be MP4, MOV, FIV, AVI and other standard formats. Your video should have smooth shots, visual quality and clear audio. The video aspect ratio is horizontal screen 16:9, and the video file size does not exceed 200M.
- The language of the video is not limited, but Chinese (simplified/traditional) or English subtitles must be added.
- Participation form: You can enter the contest in the name of individual or team (no more than 5 persons).
- There is no registration fee for the contest, and the host respects and retains the authorship of the creator, without additional remuneration. Signing up for the contest means you agree that the host has the right of non-commercial publicity and use of the entries.
- The entries must not involve pornography, violence, religious, racial, and regional discrimination, and must not be against Chinese law and regulations. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. No advertisements, watermarks, or logos in the video. All entries should comply with the copyright laws and there is no intellectual property dispute.
✅ Step 1
Add the hashtag of #正深圳 正青春# on Sina Weibo and Douyin, upload your video, and @深圳市国际交流合作基金会
At the same time, please send [entries] to the email [email protected] and attach the [registration form] and [Sina Weibo ID/Douyin ID & video release screenshot] in the email.
Please mark the title of the email with “JUST SHENZHEN JUST YOUNG Video Contest + name (or the name of the main contact of the team) + registration”
✅ Scan the QR Code below to get the registration form.
Tips: Please fill in the registration form carefully and complete the registration according to the above steps to avoid affecting your qualification of the contest.
After completing the above steps, it will be deemed to be participating, and the video works will be accepted by default and allowed to be publicized by Shenzhen Foundation for International Exchange and Cooperation on various social platforms and official websites for non-commercial purposes.
Timeline of the Contest
① From September 21 to October 22, 23:59
② October 23 to October 26
Shortlisted works selection
③ October 27
Announcing the list of shortlisted works
④ October 30 to November 12
Conduct skills improvement workshops and cultural experiences
⑤ November 13 to November 26
Secondary creation of shortlisted works
⑥ November 27 to December 3
Selection stage of Gold, Silver, Bronze Award, Most Sustainable Award, Finalists Award
⑦ November 29 to December 3
Selection stage of Most Popular Award
（The public vote will be held at 12:00 on November29 (Beijing Time) on the WeChat Official Account of Shenzhen Foundation for International Exchange and Cooperation
⑧ December 5
International Youth Green Development Forum and The 2nd “Just Shenzhen Just Young” Video Contest Award Ceremony (TBC)
If you have any questions, please contact Shenzhen Foundation for International Exchange and Cooperation (via WeChat)
*Shenzhen Foundation for International Exchange and Cooperation has the final right to interpret the contest.
Founded in December 2014, Shenzhen Foundation for International Exchange and Cooperation (SFIEC) is the first non-profit organization in China to promote international exchange and cooperation and assist the construction of international city. SFIEC is committed to building an international exchange and cooperation platform, helping Shenzhen to build an international innovative city, and supporting all sectors of society to participate in global governance.
At present, Mr. Wang Shi, the founder and honorary chairman of the board of directors of Vanke Group, serves as the chairman of the third council of SFIEC. Mr. Ma Weihua, the president of China Entrepreneur Club and the former president of China Merchants Bank, Mr. Lang Lang, the United Nations’ Messenger of Peace, and international pianist, and Mr. Chen Shiyi, former president of Southern University of Science and Technology, etc., serve as the honorary presidents of SFIEC. The members of the council are well-known entrepreneurs, scholars, industry association leaders, media people, etc. in Shenzhen.
Currently, SFIEC has concluded strategic cooperation with more than 40 institutions globally, covering 40 cities, 29 countries and 6 continents.
Share your youth story.
Show your ecological interaction with Shenzhen
Talk about how Shenzhen meet the world
The 2nd “Just Shenzhen Just Young” Video Contest
Look forward to your participation!SFIEC