On the national stage, the very first Chinese-made aircraft - the C919 completed its first commercial flight yesterday and more international flights are hitting the marketplace thanks to several domestic carriers. Locally, Here's a piece highlighting one of our fitness heroes and an article highlighting the triumphs of the Shenzhen Mountaineering and Outdoor Sports Association (SMOA) - including summiting Mount Everest.
Thanks to those that joined our MindBody Wellness group event on Sunday - more to come next weekend! Apologies to those hoping to attend the Dive Fest on Saturday - it was cancelled due to a force majeure event. 'The' event of this weekend is HERE DongGuan's Pool Party - finally back after a long Covid-19 hiatus. It's the largest pool party in Guangdong and they're expecting upwards of 2000 people in attendance featuring a variety of local food and drink vendors and top-shelf entertainment. We'll be there in force and hope you can join us as well!
If you'd like to stay local, as always, check out our full event page for all the upcoming events.
Keep a hat, sunscreen, or umbrella handy out there - that Shenzhen sun can be brutal!
-David & The NowShenzhen Team
P.S. - Thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas to Share? - please directly get in touch with me personally on wechat: david-d-ho.
This Week’s Featured News:
FOR the untrained, mountaineering is a dangerous pastime, not to mention trekking up Mount Qomolangma (also known as Mount Everest). In Shenzhen, 45 intrepid residents had successfully scaled the world’s highest peak 49 times as of this May, accounting for 15% of the total number of Chinese amateur mountaineers who have completed such an extraordinary feat.
THE C919, China’s self-developed large passenger aircraft, completed its first commercial flight from Shanghai to Beijing yesterday, marking its official entry into the civil aviation market.
A FLIGHT operated by Hainan Airlines departed from Shenzhen to Rome at 1:15 a.m. Saturday, marking the resumption of three of the company’s intercontinental routes within a month.
FOR over two decades, Josh Phillips has been working out for two to three hours a day, mostly at a gym, to stay fit and healthy. When people ask him how he manages to keep up such a routine for so long, he simply says: “That’s what I’m used to.”
For the latest Shenzhen news, check out NowShenzhen.com/news.
Featured Apartment Listings
This Week’s Featured Shenzhen Apartments:
For all the latest Shenzhen apartment listings, check out NowShenzhen.com/apartments.
Featured Job Posts
This Week’s Featured Shenzhen Jobs:
Job Type: Full Time
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
1. Professional working proficiency in English and the local official language of your country location is mandatory.
2. Sales and/or B2B business development experience in a fast-growing, dynamic business.
3. Self-starter used to self-generating interest and focusing relentlessly on delivering results.
4. Proven ability to find & convert deals quickly with tenacity and dedication.Demonstrable track record of sourcing & delivering, at pace, multiple deals of a meaningful scale (Equivalent to 250k+ investment in the local currency).
Type of Job: Freelance
1. English speaking (native is not a must)
2. had experience with taking care/ teaching children
3. outgoing, patient, love children
Type of Job: Full Time
1. Proven experience in sales, preferably in a retail or e-commerce environment.
2. Strong knowledge of live streaming platforms and proficiency in using livestreaming tools and features.3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
4. Demonstrated ability to engage and captivate audiences through livestream presentations.
5. Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to understand and address customer needs.
6. Proficiency in leveraging social media platforms to promote livestream events and engage with customers.
7. Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions.
For the latest Shenzhen job posts, check out NowShenzhen.com/jobs.
Featured Event Posts
This Week’s Featured Upcoming Shenzhen Events:
Date: Saturday, June 3
Location: Dongguan MCB Lake Hotel
Get ready to splash into summer with the HERE Pool Party! After two long years of waiting, we’re thrilled to announce that the party is back, and we’re bringing it to you a little earlier this year on June 3rd.
Date: Thursday, June 1
Location: Futian - Cafe Society
Thursdays 9PM at Café Society, Shuiwei, FutianBig Bear Comedy Open Mic!Café Society is the place you want to see! Jazz, blues, great food and their own signature cocktails!This is going to be their first event, so you know you don’t wanna miss it!We have a great lineup for you tonight and if you think you’re funnier feel free to hit the stage and get yourself a free drink!Come for the jokes, stay for the drinks!
Date: Monday, May 29
Time: 19:00 - 21:00
Because pheromones may increase attractiveness, fragrance and cosmetics companies have been working to bottle the scent of pheromones like androsterone into perfumes. Studies using pheromones at The University of Chicago showed that men who used topical pheromones had a 52% improvement in starting conversations and an even better rate of improvement in staying engaged in conversation. They also received more compliments, had noticeable flirting from women recipients, and saw a 40% increase in women’s sexual responsiveness.
For the full event calendar of happenings in Shenzhen, check out NowShenzhen.com/events.
Have apartment, job, event, guide, or directory submissions to submit? Head on over to NowShenzhen.com/submit.
Enjoying the NowShenzhen updates and community and want to advertise? Email us at [email protected] or scan below to connect to our official WeChat account and send a message containing “interested in advertising” and we’ll follow up with you directly!